- Fresh nutty flavour and crisp texture
- Quick growing
Sprouts have a fresh nutty flavour and crisp texture that is ideal for salads and sandwiches.
How to Grow:
Jar Sprouting Method:
- Pre-wash seed; wash seed in a sieve or similar to remove any dust. Remove any noticeably damaged or discoloured seeds.
- Add the required amount of seed to a large flat sided jar and cover with lukewarm water. (example: a 500ml jar will need around 15ml of seed)
- Cover the jar with cheesecloth and a rubber band or similar.
- Let soak for 12hrs then drain the excess water. Just tip the jar upside-down and let water drain though cheesecloth; no need to remove. Rinse and drain again.
- Place jar on its side in a dark warm location.
- Rinse and drain the seeds every 8-12 hours until the shoots have reached around 3.5-5cm long.
- Expose the seeds to sunlight for around 15 minutes or until the shoots turn green. This step is essential to improve the nutritional benefit.
- Your sprouts are now ready to eat!
Germination occurs best at 16-25°C. Ready to harvest in around 4-5 days. Sprouts should be stored in the refridgerator when ready.